Friday 17 July 2009

Beckham vs. Donovan - The Emails

David Beckham is returning to action with the LA Galaxy tonight, and it seems that the recent spat with Landon Donovan regarding his commitment to the Galaxy is over. But, I've happened upon (made up) a sample of the emails that were flying between the two giants of the LA soccer scene during the tenser moments of DB23's time at AC.


FROM: lan-don@usasoccer.com
TO: db23@milan.europeanfootball.com

DAVEYY,

You're totally smoking that Italian league, but please make sure you're back here dude, we need you, I mean, you're worth twenty times what they're paying you man. Grass goes away, astro turf lasts forever! Munich let me go, but man, I was out of there anyway, cos me and the LA Galaxy go way back. Me and the franchise. You're lucky that you aren't in NYC, the fans of the New York Red Bulls wouldn't stand this, it's easy going in Cali, you picked right. This league's about commitment. Get committed.

On three.....WIN!

Lan-don



FROM: db23@milan.europeanfootball.com
TO: lan-don@usasoccer.com

Landon,

I miss LA mate, just loving Milan right now. Sorry to hear about Munich. Well I'll be back to play the Metrostars, the NJ, the New York, erm, the New York Red Bulls. They changed their name didn't they, haw haw. Their fans are scary though. We'll take the league and all that, no problem.

See you at training.

123....Do it.

DB

PS. I saw your wife in 'Bring It On' the other day.

No comments:

Post a Comment